As you might have noticed, I love reading other food blogs. Being a food blogger, I feel like it’s part of my duty to see what everyone else is trying. For me, I find food blogs from Saveurs Top Food Blogs, magazines, instagram, my mom and by word of mouth. Here are my top 3 food blogs I follow…
Many of my recipes that I post up on here are based off recipes that I’ve seen on the other sites.
With Zucchini season coming to an end, you may find that your local grocery store is selling them at a cheaper price than before. Recently, Love & Lemons has been posted many zucchini recipes that I’ve been eager to try. With my surplus supply of zucchini and L&L’s recipes, I’ve been making all sorts of plates for lunch and dinner. Here’s one of my favorite go-to recipes. I present to you the Zucchini and Corn Salad.
Above, I’ve linked the original recipe yet I’ve changed it to one that includes ingredient that I’ve had around. Without further due, I give you Stephanie’s Zucchini and Corn Salad.
Zucchini and Corn Salad
- 1 ear of Corn, grilled or boiled, whichever you prefer
- 2 Zucchini’s
- 1 hand full of Cherry Tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup of Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped Mint and/or Basil
- 1 tablespoon ratio of: 2to3 ratio of oil to vinegar/mustard
- example: 2 tablespoons oil, 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- example 2: 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
In a large bowl, mix together the salad ingredients. Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to marinate. Serve cold, can serve up to 4.